Best Tire

“Pictured in the above photo is a young Harry Coots after he helped put up a tire sign at a Gulf station in Deer Creek. The Gulf station became a tire recapping shop started by his grandfather, Bill Custer and his father, Harry Coots. The Gulf Station was at the intersection of Bairdford Road and Bakerstown-Culmerville Road in Deer Creek. It was started in 1955. After a couple of years in 1958 they formed Custer and Coots Enterprises to recap tires. They put up the big tire sign in 1960. The business later became Best Wholesale Tire and Auto Repair where they are still in the same building.” The picture was furnished by Harry and his family.

The man in inset picture is also Harry Coots when he visited the area recently. Current owners of Best Tire are Francis and Karen Faber, they took ownership after Karen’s parents in 2011. Karen’s parents were Jack and Barb McCloskey (Jack passed away Oct 2016)